Breathing and Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He doesn't carry any lead, that's why I was asking.
Then you start with being a bit over-weighted. Just be sure you dive with redundant buoyancy like a drysuit, double bladder BC or even an SMB if diving in OW when you're diving an unbalanced rig.

possibly switch to lighter tanks or 7mm suit / drysuit so you have to add a bit of weight. that way you will have some lead to be able to shift around on the harness or on a belt to achieve trim. just a thought

Sometimes your overall weighting may be fine but trim can be out. Like an airplane center of gravity needs to be thought of too. Have your buddy take few vids and make sure your fidgeting around and stuff, you may need a few pounds up high on your body and re test.

possibly switch to lighter tanks or 7mm suit / drysuit so you have to add a bit of weight. that way you will have some lead to be able to shift around on the harness or on a belt to achieve trim. just a thought
My first commercial side mount harness was the Hollis SMS100. I needed no weight slinging those HP 130 tanks, but I had to add two 2 pound weights on the shoulder straps with a bit of bungee to be naturally trim. No need to go to lighter tanks, but I paid for it with a bit extra drag. It was a double bladder with plenty of lift.

full?d=1358002837.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom