breast/lymphatic pain after an easy shallow dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Doc, I think what it comes down to is that given the OP's stated history, available evidence suggests that there's no indication for a PFO test, and a positive result could cause her unnecessary distress. What are your thoughts?Best,DDM

I entirely agree. Not to mention that PFO assesement could be a hard sell to the bean counters/gate keepers given the case as described thus far.

Regards,

Doc

Monkfish: Thanks for posting this! I just returned from a dive trip last week in cozumel and experienced extreme breast pain after a deep dive. I couldn't figure out what was causing the pain and started doing reseach on it when I got home. We did 2 dives (one deep, one shallow) a day over a 5 day period. On the 4th day of diving we dropped down around a 100 ft and did some swim-throughs in the coral. We ascended slowly taking our time at 80, 60, 40 ft with a 3 minute safety stop at 15 feet. The dive lasted about 45 minutes. All other dives were no deeper than 60-70 feet, so the only thing I can figure is that I need more deco time after a deeper dive. Since most dive masters are males, I really didn't feel comfortable asking about this particular issue. However, after doing some 'web' research, it seems that the "skin bends" may apply to this type of situation. Thanks again for posting your situation! I'll be more careful in the future and will take longer deco stops .... and probably won't dive past 70 feet again :) Ibuprofen and gentle massage helped with the pain. I was exhausted most of the day, but felt better the following day and continued to dive without incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom