Breakwater video - Sunday Feb 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh, the bunny segment is sped up about 200% :)

Boat sju, yep that was us in the beige truck! We rolled in around 10-11am or so; nice to meet you online as well. All in all, it was a pretty great day for a dive, wasn't it?

Heh, the bunny segment is sped up about 200% :)

Boat sju, yep that was us in the beige truck! We rolled in around 10-11am or so; nice to meet you online as well. All in all, it was a pretty great day for a dive, wasn't it?

Excellent day for a dive. I'm glad the water's been a pretty decent temperature as well. Nice meeting you guys. By the way, EVERYONE's been really friendly out here. It's been great.

All in all, it was a pretty great day for a dive, wasn't it?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...just keep rubbing it in. :shakehead:

I'd be really upset if I didn't get so much done around my house. I think 3 day weekends should be the norm. :wink:

I'd be really upset if I didn't get so much done around my house. I think 3 day weekends should be the norm. :wink:

Totally. Today was a big errand day for me too. Tanks filled, groceries bought, mail written; I was very motivated to get stuff done. For some reason, I approach holidays way more differently than weekends!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...just keep rubbing it in. :shakehead:

It is funny to me that you mention that. All but one of the companies I'm currently interviewing for have 3 day weekends every other week (of course you work 9 hours a day instead of 8 but still :D)

Kenn, can you post something about your video setup? What camera do you use? Do you have it mounted or hold all the time?

Kenn, can you post something about your video setup? What camera do you use? Do you have it mounted or hold all the time?

Hi Eric,

I don't have much of a setup. It's a compact Sony digital camera in a factory underwater housing. I mainly started shooting video with it because the flash is so weak that I couldn't get any pictures. I just handhold it, and most of my effort is spent trying to 1) keep it steady and 2) keep the camera pointing in the same direction as what I'm looking at. Cropping, anti-vibration, etc. is all done post-processing.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a "real" video setup, with an HD camcorder, third-party housing and some video lights. But that kind of setup is an order of magnitude more expensive than what I'm using now, and my priority is still just to capture and describe our dives, and I still have a lot to learn on my little "toy" setup. :D

I enjoyed that video. I liked the pre-dive footage and the fact that it wasn't too long.

Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom