Breakwater Kelp Trolling Report - 10 Aug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben, that hasn't been updated since 8/3.
Kat, did you find a buddy yet for Thursday? I've looked at the wave model and am starting to feel ill...

I hear there is a bacterial illness going around..... I'm still planning on more solo puttering unless the obese naked dude shows up again. Might have a first dive at lovers and a second at the bw, haven't made any solid plans yet. I will probably start a little later in the day, though since the weather was so gloomy. Maybe 11-12ish. Fellow putterers are always welcome. That way you can point out to me when my camera starts to flood. :)

Cheers,
Kat

Kat, why don't you choose a site that hasn't got the high bacteria warning? Like MacAbee maybe?

Lucky for me, it was just another diver wanting to be buddies. Granted, an obese naked diver, but beggers can't be choosers, y'know? He stayed with me for the rest of the 49 minute dive and I admit I was reluctant to leave him behind...
Kat

I don't think that was an obese naked diver. Even though it's blurred, it looks a bit like a manatee.

manatee. Now that I would love to see!

Now now..we don't know for sure it was a manatee, I was simply suggesting that from the picture it appears to be a manatee rather than obese naked diver.

However I've seen a few divers on some charters who, when stripped of their gear, might look just like the creature in question.

However I've seen a few divers on some charters who, when stripped of their gear, might look just like the creature in question.

Wow Steve, you've really got it out for the overweight folks, don't you?

Nice pics Kat, it's been a while since I've been visited by a seal underwater! And you've got a lot more cajones than I do, diving with a bacterial bloom in full effect :)

Kat, why don't you choose a site that hasn't got the high bacteria warning? Like MacAbee maybe?

Since MacAbee is between San Carlos Beach and Lover's Point, I'd say it is also affected, just not tested by the county.

Go to the Carmel side.

manatee. Now that I would love to see!

There's one in my picture gallery

I'm in the FL Keys right now, been hoping for a manatee. The only one I've ever seen in the wild is one my dad almost hit with our powerboat in Western Australia (actually, that was a dugong, but close).

Ah well, when it gets to epidemic levels, I'll consider avoiding it. Until then, I'd rather swim in it than eat it (that's a big nod to all you burger lovers whose meat comes from a feedlot....) :d . Besides, if the obese naked guy has to swim it, why should I be exempt? I won't even go into all the little kiddies that showed up and were playing in the tide pools (If you thought bacteria liked open water, wait till you see what a nice puddle environ can do for 'em.....)

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Catherine Aird

:dork2::dork2::dork2:
~Kat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom