Breaking the caffeine addiction and DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

Diet Cokes are my friend and enemy...Mountain Dew has the highest content of caffeine of any soft drink other than those Red Bull varieties...

Sadly, this isn't true in Canada, here Mountain Dew has no caffeine at all. I believe we have some type of restriction that caffeinated soft drinks have to be coke-coloured, not clear. This might actually be helpful for the OP, if he can get Canadian Mountain Dew, it might help reduce the number of changes his body has to adjust to at the same time :)

Sadly, this isn't true in Canada, here Mountain Dew has no caffeine at all. I believe we have some type of restriction that caffeinated soft drinks have to be coke-coloured, not clear. This might actually be helpful for the OP, if he can get Canadian Mountain Dew, it might help reduce the number of changes his body has to adjust to at the same time :)

IMO, the major benefit of getting off of Mt Dew is getting away from the HFCS, not the caffeine....

Mountain Dew without the caffeine!?!?!?! What's the point?

And actually my goal is to reduce the amount of caffeine taken in to a reasonable level and then change delivery systems away from soda.

How much Mountain Dew were you drinking each day?

FYI, here's some interesting info concerning Mountain Dew:
  • Calories in each 12 oz. can = 165
  • Caffeine in each 12 oz. can = 55 mg

Here's a webpage that lists the caffeine content of various beverages.

How much Mountain Dew were you drinking each day?

FYI, here's some interesting info concerning Mountain Dew:
  • Calories in each 12 oz. can = 165
  • Caffeine in each 12 oz. can = 55 mg

Here's a webpage that lists the caffeine content of various beverages.

Depends on the day and not something I was keeping track of. It easily ranged between 20+oz to a few liters. Right now I'm limiting it to 20oz until things kinda normalize then will be reducing it further. Figured it was best to get to a known baseline first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom