Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the translation from the Japanese boat:

“we hit them in the front, yes, that’s correct, we managed to hit them and break the front of their ship”.
Notice it does not say - "They hit us".

“we hit them in the front, yes, that’s correct, we managed to hit them and break the front of their ship”.

and if you drive your speeding motorcycle across the front of my moving car I am likely to hit you as well but that does not necessarily make it intentional on my part.

right - I am willing to take the word the guy who is pro nut job . . .

and if you drive your speeding motorcycle across the front of my moving car I am likely to hit you as well but that does not necessarily make it intentional on my part.
Id even scream "****! I HIT HIM!" if I did.. That its not my fault wont mean I dont use a sentence like "I hit him in the side" when that is infact what happens. If he crashed into my side id say "he hit me", but that dont mean it WASNT my fault either..

I agree, the Ady Gil didn't hit the whaling ship. It did put itself in front of it though to get hit.

If a deer jumps in front of your car, you wont say the deer hit ya, you'll say you just hit a f@#¤* deer that jumped in front of your car!!!

Do you speak Japanese? Just asking?
See you topside! John Unless your on the Ady Gil

Mr X - get off your soapbox too. You seem like Bill Clinton - manipulative, lying and selectively recognising the facts to fit your own agenda. "I did not have sex with that woman".

What you're missing if your POV is becoming obsolete - you don't have the right or means to dictate what happens halfway round the world in something that is nothing to do with you.

I wouldn't want to live in your future world where you don't choose to engage your brain to objectively assess problems and - instead - get caught up in emotional do-gooding groupthink. You would be perfectly happy in 1984.

<disclaimer> I am happy to discuss the issues but if StevenN, Mr X and their buddies continue to attack me as a person I will reserve the right to ridicule them back. If the mod's won't police their attacks that have NOTHING to do with the issues under discussion then so be it.

Geoff - no conspiracy here...just folks thinking differently than you. Any wiggle room in your genuflecting box of a world? BTW - no need for mommy (mods) here and I appreciate the mods letting the chips lay where they fall in this thread. Suggests a degree on manliness. Something the Japanese whalers lack.

BTW - on the manliness part - the Japanese are only happy to beat the crap out of you if you do something they don't appreciate - like protest whaling. Video cameras help a lot these days. I dodged a Japanese beating some 30 years ago on this very topic. Little wonder why the whalers are only happy to up the ante for a "product" which doesn't even cover the cost of fuel, personnel and maintenance.

X

Do you speak Japanese? Just asking?
See you topside! John Unless your on the Ady Gil

I was listening to the video commentary. Something about gutting it (Ady Gil) was in there. Gigo = guts.

as much as I hate you for not attempting to stop for me while I am on my bike, I can't help but to chuckle and slightly laugh my *** off at this post. Like your previous posts, it is kinda funny.

Back
Top Bottom