Breakers Hunting Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saturday 10/23/21 I filmed a yellow jack following and shadow hunting with a spotted moray. I witnessed this behavior not once, not twice, but three separate times on different parts of Breakers. Each clip is a different moray/jack pair. The first two clips are from two separate sections of Bath & Tennis and the third is Fourth Window. The jack follows the eel and nabs any critters it can that are fleeing from the eel. I've filmed this at BHB where the jack are following a yellow or southern ray. This is the first time I've filmed this behavior on the reefs. It helped that there was almost no current. The jacks couldn't have cared less that I was there.

Great video.

A few different types of fish pair up like that. Cobia following sharks is one of the more common ones. It's a dangerous game they play. I've seen a cobia get eaten.

incredible!, what nature evolution !

Saturday 10/23/21 I filmed a yellow jack following and shadow hunting with a spotted moray. I witnessed this behavior not once, not twice, but three separate times on different parts of Breakers. Each clip is a different moray/jack pair. The first two clips are from two separate sections of Bath & Tennis and the third is Fourth Window. The jack follows the eel and nabs any critters it can that are fleeing from the eel. I've filmed this at BHB where the jack are following a yellow or southern ray. This is the first time I've filmed this behavior on the reefs. It helped that there was almost no current. The jacks couldn't have cared less that I was there.

Very interesting. Great video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom