BP/Wing Users: What System Do You Dive Singles With?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
I tend to agree with him.. with the way diving and buddy skills are taught, I think singles are fairly dangerous.

Of course, doubles or pony bottles wouldn't make these divers any safer, really.

I thought that he was kidding.

But surely doubles aren't the answer to poor training or knuckle-head divers with poor skills and a lack of common sense.

if you're competent in doubles, you have a redundant supply, so less reliance on a buddy that may not be up to the task...

however, you're right, they're not the answer...maybe just a safety line

Halcyon Poineer without STA, weight belt, and a couple 2 pounders on top cam band as close to the plate as I can get 'em.

Apex ATX100 regulator ATX 50 backup reg.

Stephen Ash:
I thought that he was kidding.

But surely doubles aren't the answer to poor training or knuckle-head divers with poor skills and a lack of common sense.
No, but doubles and proper training and skill ARE an answer.

I think that was the point.

For the average OW rec diver, I see doubles just making things way worse. I can think of a bunch of reasons that they would add to the danger of a dive rather than making things safer.

There are, of course, reasons to use them.

OTOH... again speaking about the average OW recreational diver... the answer might not be to use doubles but rather... just not do the dive.

jonnythan:
No, but doubles and proper training and skill ARE an answer.

I think that was the point.

Oh, yah...I certainly agree with you there.

Hum... I thought the question BP/Wing Users: What System Do You Dive Singles With?

Lets stay on topic, eh?

<darn that felt good!>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom