Bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really, really like the DSS plate but don't want to get a horseshoe wing and while his package price is really good, the components individually are pretty pricey. At the moment, I'm leaning toward a Hammerhead plate & STA with an Oxycheq wing.

Of course, to annoy any DIR people without a sense of humor, I'll have to change the webbing to another color. :wink:

pagkayo hindi tumigilsa pag usap ng DIR at hogarthian dito i will have kim move all your post to the DIR section.
(if you guys don't stop talking DIR and hogarthian here) ipapalipat ko kay kim ang inyong mga post sa DIR section

keep this thread limited to specific discussion involving Pinoy activities. there is a thread devoted to DIR and hogarthian please do post there regarding the set up.

i would be makulit here as we have been castigated for being "GENERAL" on our post so please keep this thread specific to local setting especially the korean diver i went diving las nov. 12, Dang he is a tall korean dude, with a red sports car !!! :D

and if that's not enough , he drives his car in diplomatic plates but you know he has more pinoy blood in his veins than he knows it, imagine here in the philipipnes abusive people put in cardboard "REGISTERED NO PLATES AVAILABLE", dude this korean guy, has his in cardboard written "Registered Diplomatic Plates" !!!!!

you know what, my korean friend, you're more Filipino in character than that of your mother land, BWAHAHAHAHHAHA, peopel reading this would have their heads spinning !!!! every word i said is true !!!!

paolov:
pagkayo hindi tumigilsa pag usap ng DIR at hogarthian dito i will have kim move all your post to the DIR section.
(if you guys don't stop talking DIR and hogarthian here) ipapalipat ko kay kim ang inyong mga post sa DIR section

pabayaan mo na sila...wag mo nang tawagin yung bokyo na yon. Hindi ka naman kagaya nya eh. Inaalerto mo lang yung kumag sa mga sinusulat natin dito eh. Wag na pards.

Koya

yomar:
if you can add weight plates, then it's possible to dive without a weightbelt. Is that correct?

ya, but you could also get a weight bag that can hold the weights and attaches to the tank strap. This weekend I improvised by attaching my weight belt to the tank. Worked pretty well.

yomar:
ahhhh...yun pala... mas clear na ngayon. Thanks for explaining guys! So since i'm only a recreational diver (at least for now), i'll go with the standard hose lengths muna and clip the octo to my right d-ring like what jonix said.

You know what got me confused? Reading some posts about the dir vs hog, i got the impression that these are two conflicting approaches. Pag may pumupuri sa DIR, sinasabi ng iba na baka awayin sila ng mga hog followers. That got me confused since ang pagkakaintindi ko, which apparently ay tama naman as confirmed by shugar and halthron, the DIR took its gear config from hogarthian.

Anyway thanks again for clearing this up. :D
ganun talaga yan... kaya nga di na ako nakikinig sa mga yun e... para ka lang nakisabay sa usapang born-again/iglesia/ang dating daan... magulo na nga wala ka pang nararating

Jag

chip104:
Halthron, if you go back to Divers Point, tell Ellen to give me a text. I live down the street and we can meet up for some Halo-Halo. No cat tongue will be involved. :)

@ Jagfish: Thanks for the websites. Axua was telling me about DSS backplates and they look nice. Btw, the DIR zone website is not up yet. (Bad Chip! You've used up all your paychecks...)
chip,

i asked jagfish for a price quote... not a very bad deal really... i like the pro-fit rig... wouldn't it look "astig" on the beach when you're gearing up??? hahahahahahaha

if you're (or anyone else in the RP) getting a pro-fit i might just jump along to save on postage... gotta count my chickens first though...

Jag

Halthron:
I really, really like the DSS plate but don't want to get a horseshoe wing and while his package price is really good, the components individually are pretty pricey. At the moment, I'm leaning toward a Hammerhead plate & STA with an Oxycheq wing.

Of course, to annoy any DIR people without a sense of humor, I'll have to change the webbing to another color. :wink:
dude! i've been seriously considering bright orange, yellow or pink webbing just to be different hahahahahahaha

if you find something in a metallic gold or silver give me a holler hahahahahaha

Jag

shugar:
dude! i've been seriously considering bright orange, yellow or pink webbing just to be different hahahahahahaha

if you find something in a metallic gold or silver give me a holler hahahahahaha

Jag
They have a "silver" which looks sort of silvery, not sure how gray it'd turn out to be in person though. I was gonna get a couple of colors if I could but need to email them first since the shade of blue I was going to get seems to be out of stock at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom