BP&W setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As said by others, you can lose the grommet, I've never had one myself.

I don't use a sta and have no problem with the tank whether using a wing or not, but it's your choice.

As for the length of the bolts, just make sure they are not too long and mess with your wet/dry suit. I've had to change bolts depending on what I'm putting together.

Bob

Good. It's hard to guess what might be wrong. How long are the bolts?

It's quite common for the carriage bolts furnished with STA's to be waaay too short.

DSS offers delrin thumbwheels to secure doubles to back plates. People started to order them to secure STA's. With "too short" bolts our thumbwheels would only "catch" by a single turn of the thread, and ultimately fail.

DSS doesn't use STA's and it took me a while to comprehend that it was surprisingly routine for the wrong fasteners to ship with STA's.

Keep in mind that the typical #3 metal grommet set in resin reinforced webbing will be close to 1/4 thick.

Tobin

i was able to get the grommet off the webbing harness, and everything now fits on the same top hole. thanks for the suggestion!

Right the first bp&w I've ever played with think I'm nearly there now just need everyone's Critism to fix everything that is wrong p.s learnt that the magnetic octopus holder turns my torch on in close proximity so it will have to go , and also worth noting the torch on rhs does sit under arm a little that's as high as I'm comfortable with d ring (about middle front shoulder .......let me know my mistakes lads

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 64
More photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 53
Right the first bp&w I've ever played with think I'm nearly there now just need everyone's Critism to fix everything that is wrong p.s learnt that the magnetic octopus holder turns my torch on in close proximity so it will have to go , and also worth noting the torch on rhs does sit under arm a little that's as high as I'm comfortable with d ring (about middle front shoulder .......let me know my mistakes lads

EVERYTHING is wrong with that setup. Send it to me so I can dispose of what can't be fixed. I am just kidding, looks good to me. The only thing I would chunk would be any octo holder that is not a bungee, but you said you have already addressed that. Good on ya bud..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom