BP/W Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I've always been a BCD guy but I've really been interested in switching over to the BP/W. I dive mostly warm, open water, with a single tank with occasional cold water spring and cave diving. I usually dive with a little under 20lbs of lead, so I think I'd like a SS backplate so I can cut back on that. I'm 6 feet, 165 lbs, with a long frame. I'd really like to cut back on the bulk so I'm looking for something that's going to streamline my setup.

As I said, I am new to this so I don't know exactly what I want, but probably something around a 30lb wing. If you've got something you want to unload let me know and I'll do my research on it and make a decision. Thanks folks!

Last edited:
I'll beat the usual crew to it and recommend Deep Sea Supply, call Tobin and he can guide you through the process. The benefit of the DSS system is that he has different size plates and custom weight plates to reduce/eliminate any lead on your belt. As well as some of the best built wings around. He'll analyze your goals and find the right system for you the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally understandable.....[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I've always been a BCD guy but I've really been interested in switching over to the BP/W. I dive mostly warm, open water, with a single tank with occasional cold water spring and cave diving. I usually dive with a little under 20lbs of lead, so I think I'd like a SS backplate so I can cut back on that. I'm 6 feet, 165 lbs, with a long frame. I'd really like to cut back on the bulk so I'm looking for something that's going to streamline my setup.

As I said, I am new to this so I don't know exactly what I want, but probably something around a 30lb wing. If you've got something you want to unload let me know and I'll do my research on it and make a decision. Thanks folks!

PM sent re: 30# wing. I have a BP for sale as well, but it's a medium so likely not long enough for you.

I have a Zeagle 30# donut wing that has probably 10 dives on it with a Zeagle Exress Tech backplate. I pillaged 2 of the stainless steel sliders for my sidemount rigging but you can get replacements here: 2 Inch Stainless Steel Slider w/ teeth Heavy Duty Type has 2 delrin cambands and crotch strap as well. I was going to use it for travel, but never got around to it and I've since switched to sidemount. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but shoot me a PM if interested. You can always swap out the Express Tech bp for a SS one and have a full rig for travel and local diving.

BlwG2aA.jpg

ilOGZB1.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Aug 28, 12 50 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 28, 12 50 19 PM.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Photo Aug 28, 12 50 32 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 28, 12 50 32 PM.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 93
If you can give me 48 hours I will have a used HOG BPW set up available at a really good price. This is a used rig that someone wishes me to help them sell. I sold it to them new and it has about 30 dives on it. I need to check it over before I ship it but the harness should fit you. It has been trimmed but not much. If I think it's too small for you I'll re-thread it with new webbing at no extra cost. Doing this for a friend.

Jim, if the OP doesn't take you up on the Hog please get in touch with me. Looking for a backplate/harness for a friend of mine and I may even keep the wing for myself if you'd rather not split them up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom