BP/W for me and my son?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 cents from another recreational diver:

So, I have just under 100 dives when I went to buy a BCD. I'm hard to fit and had been debating a BP/W for some time. Talked to lots of LDSs and communicated with other suppliers reccomended on the Board. My experience was not great. But I kept going and talking to people and finally I found a LDS (Any Water Sports in San Jose) that took the time to help me figure out what options might work for me. I ended up buying a Halcyon Infinity system. Its a BP/W but functions more like a traditional BCD. It customizable, built to last, and is one of the better decisions I've made. It's set up for single tank and has a cinch system that makes it easier to get out of on the surface if needed. It was more expensive than most BP/W systems, but I'm happy with it. I strongly suggest working with a LDS or someone you know and trust on the purchase if possible.

Good Luck!

double_facepalm.png

Who said anything about inflating to look like the Michelin Man?

That's the Stay-Puft marshmallow man. 80s film literacy is covered in later tech courses these days I guess.

579d6bea533433c4eba46f5348a55686.jpg

My son is 9yrs old.....this is his BCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rig looks horribly unstreamlined with a T-Rex stuck on the back like that... ;-)

The fact that you can't grasp a concept doesn't mean no answer has been provided.

You have once again proven that one should not bother trying to enlighten you. Just not worth the considerable effort.

Tobin

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Why would I EVER want to have my tank and BC float on the surface by itself? :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead: :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Why would I EVER want to have my tank and BC float on the surface by itself? :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead: :D

To be fair, the only times I've had to remove my rig while in the water have been more unusual cases (dives on smaller boats, rescue class, etc.) so I don't think its unreasonable to not be able to deduce these things. In fact, I am sure if I read enough threads, I will run across other situations when I will need to get out of my rig while in the water - situations I cannot imagine right now. (BTW, while I can appreciate that other divers would think of taking their gear off to resolve gear/entanglement issues, I don't factor that in as I don't dive solo.)

But I recognize that this topic is a learning opportunity for me. Not an opportunity to argue with people who might have the knowledge I am seeking.

To be fair, the only times I've had to remove my rig while in the water have been more unusual cases (dives on smaller boats, rescue class, etc.) so I don't think its unreasonable to not be able to deduce these things. In fact, I am sure if I read enough threads, I will run across other situations when I will need to get out of my rig while in the water - situations I cannot imagine right now.

Kayak diving. Diving from a RIB like in the Galapagos. Boating an injured diver. :)

Personally, my plan would be to never need to separate myself from my rig - especially if my dry suit has lost all buoyancy.

As Mike Tyson famously said "Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face."

---------- Post added August 28th, 2015 at 08:04 PM ----------

So, this is just a deflection to avoid admitting that it would be better to measure the suit inflated to the maximum that you actually expect to use it, versus the minimum gas?

Hint: "the maximum you actually expect to use it" and "the minimum gas" are pretty much equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom