Bought Used steel tank (?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey SteveTW, I have an lp steel 95 tank and it has the same 11a97ree80.3 markings as yours does. I would bet money that your tank is also an lp steel 95. Hope this helps. Also, thank you for your military service to our country !

The “M184” stands for: Metric, 184 Bar.
The 184 Bar is the same as 2669 psi (which is close enough to the 2640 psi working pressure after the 10% overfill).

My understanding is that in Canada they don’t use the 10% “+” stamping anymore (that the DOT uses). They just rate the exact same tank to the fixed working pressure equivalent to the 10% over filled used by the DOT.
Correct and it will always be rated to 184bar in Canada regardless of + rated testing.

Steve
I have a LP95 and it has the following stamped into the tank
TC-3AA M184 DOT 3AA 2400 M8004 REE70
LP95SP serial # 06 A 05+

Sounds like you have a LP95, as stated earlier from other post.

Ditto on the thanks for your service!! We certainly appreciate what you and others have and are doing for our country.

Thanks to all that posted. Thanks for the tank info and "You're welcome" for service rendered for this GREAT NATION and our freedom.
There are many, many more that followed in my footsteps and not all can come home to enjoy it.

P.S. You can tell I'm a nut! Volunteered for Vietnam at 18 and volunteered to scuba at 57!:rofl3:
Take care, Steve

Wouldn't say that you are a nut. My uncle served in Vietnam with the SF, he is a nut.:D
He did make it home.
Diving makes life more enjoyable. It is peaceful, usually. I only hope I will be able to dive some prettier places other than the rock quarries.

Yo Steve how the H*ll are ya. Its Kevin from Aqua-Tech here. Didn't know you were on ScubaBoard. Welcome aboard.

Hay Kevin,
Nice to hear from you. I got all this new gear and can't wait for DS to warm up a little so I can play. Heard last weekend it was 41º. Way to cold to dive wet! I'd really like to get out and dive with you some time.
Take care,
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom