Bought My First Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rogersab1223

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys -

After dropping a nice chunk of coin, I was so excited that I had to tell someone who "got it." My wife just rolled her eyes.

I had planned on renting for a while longer but the reg I rented this weekend was such garbage that my instructor (I was taking a specialty cert.) let me use one of his spare Zeagle's and it was a world of difference.

So I pulled the trigger on a Sherwood SR1 with an integrated octo (Aeris AirLink) and a Zeagle Ranger LTD. The SR1 came from a few recommendations from friends who dive them and the fact that I live near a tech with TONS of experience with them and who counts them among his favorites. As well, of course, as the high performance of the reg and the type of diving I'll be doing. I'm not planning on doing deep, cold diving in the near future after this weekend. I've read all the complaints about it but it appears that the newer models have been "fixed."

I begin to break the new stuff in on a trip down to Morehead City, NC in September!

Can't wait!

Andy

Hey guys -

After dropping a nice chunk of coin, I was so excited that I had to tell someone who "got it." My wife just rolled her eyes.

I had planned on renting for a while longer but the reg I rented this weekend was such garbage that my instructor (I was taking a specialty cert.) let me use one of his spare Zeagle's and it was a world of difference.

So I pulled the trigger on a Sherwood SR1 with an integrated octo (Aeris AirLink) and a Zeagle Ranger LTD. The SR1 came from a few recommendations from friends who dive them and the fact that I live near a tech with TONS of experience with them and who counts them among his favorites. As well, of course, as the high performance of the reg and the type of diving I'll be doing. I'm not planning on doing deep, cold diving in the near future after this weekend. I've read all the complaints about it but it appears that the newer models have been "fixed."

I begin to break the new stuff in on a trip down to Morehead City, NC in September!

Can't wait!

Andy

Awesome bro congrats on the purchase!!! Good luck to you with it! I hope it brings an infinite amount of happy underwater hours! :)

Congratulations on your fine purchases. I bought my own gear before beginning my open water class, and never regretted it. One reason I made the investment was so that I would dive more- to get the value from the money I spent, and that proved to be the case. Also, The comfort of gear selected for my personal size and shape and type of diving, and using the same stuff each dive, made diving easier and more fun. I know that feeling of pride you express. Enjoy the gear. Put it to good and repeated use. You know you will.
DivemasterDennis

Congrats on your new quality gear. Who are you diving with in Morehead City? Olympus? Bobby Purifoy runs a1st class op, can't wait to dive with him again.

You're lucky your wife just rolls her eyes. That's why I have stuff sent to the office :D

Back
Top Bottom