Bought my first dry suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ca_Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well I finally broke down and bought a drysuit! I lucked out and got a DUI CLX450 off of eBay for a great price. It included the rock boots, inflator hose, carry bag, cold water jumpsuit, powder and zipper lube!

This suit is great. I've put it on a few times around the house and have to say I was not expecting it to be in such great shape!

Was able to get in a buddy's pool today to test for leaks. This was my first time in the water with a drysuit and wow what a difference!! I can not wait to go through the dry suit course and get out to Monterey.

I have to admit I do have two issues though. One is the suit and my legs. Unfortunately I have kind of large legs and the suit is a little tight around the of calves. I did some testing under water and the legs inflated with plenty of room so I'm hoping this will not be a problem.

Second issue is my SP Jet fins are too small lol. They are a size large so now I'm going to have to start looking at new fins.

Anyone have suggestions for goof set of fins for drysuit diving? My LDS is head over heels for the SP Seawing Novas but at 200 a pop I'm hesitant. I was thinking about getting a pair of used Twin Jets off of eBay or Craigslist and trying those out.

Buy Jets. Old school ones. Can't be beat.

I have a 450 as well. Very nice suit. I have about 100 dives on mine and it looks like brand new.

Congrats on the new suit! Tight on the calves is much better than loose. Just make sure there is a little gas exchange to your feet which will eliminate the squeeze at depth. It's also important to make sure there is enough flexibility to comfortably kick. A little snug is ok as you don't want much gas in your feet.

Go with XL jets, I agree.

Try 2 size larger neoprene booties instead of rock boots for added ankle flexibility.

Have fun :)!

CLX450 here as well. I love that suit.

I use FF XXL for wet and drysuit. If you get a fin that fits 4th element wetboots it will fit your dryboots as well. This winter I'm going to switch over to OTB boots and see how those work.

I like the Mares Quattros. I got mine for $20 on Ebay. Great paddle fins with a comfortable foot pocket. I got the Excels which are stoopid expensive new like $160.

Drysuits take some practice. Maybe 20 dives.

Good luck and have fun....

I like the Mares Quattros. I got mine for $20 on Ebay. Great paddle fins with a comfortable foot pocket. I got the Excels which are stoopid expensive new like $160.

Drysuits take some practice. Maybe 20 dives.

Good luck and have fun....

I have three pairs of Quattros and two pair of Jets. Love them both. I used Quattros until I moved to doubles and carrying stage bottle(s). That's when I needed the extra oooopmh. Adding a drysuit, 108s doubled, and an 80 or 40 stage really creates drag.

Turtles are another good option. None of the Jet foot pocket sizes worked for me. The Turtle pocket fits my boots almost perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom