Bought an air compressor...21% fills for now...concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the first few paragraphs that said the death was caused by CO. I quit reading after that. :)

We’re arguing the same point. Except you’re saying that it isn’t a scuba compressor (or a grade E compressor) if the correct filter isn’t installed. I think you can make grade E air in most situations with the wrong filter installed, but in some situations, (runs too hot, truck idling nearby) the hopcalite can save your bacon. But I know a lot of folks who run with the wrong filter and never fail an air test. They never perform one either.
Yeah. I've never done an air test on mine except to watch the CO level and check the O2 level. But I change filters on an hourmeter and auto drain the condensate.

4 stage, continuous duty. I run mine all day hooking up 3 big tanks at a time.

Edit: The little Kidde's did something on jet airplanes. They ran whenever the jet was running according to JS.

Nice! And I meant to say single phase.

Perfect "many cases" it is - lol. I'm not going to argue with you I dont really care.

Every compressor should have a triplex 13x, AC, hopcalite filter on it along with a humidity detector to ensure the moisture doesnt break through and ruin the AC and hopcalite. And every diver should be analyzing every tank for CO whether its home made or from a shop.

You are far more likely to get CO produced in-situ than you are from any other source (gas powered compressors excepted)

I am pretty confident to say that not a single person running a private electric powered compressor in Australia is not using hopcalite in their filter and that the vast majority of dive shops in Australia also do not use.

I am pretty confident to say that not a single person running a private electric powered compressor in Australia is not using hopcalite in their filter and that the vast majority of dive shops in Australia also do not use.
I can’t follow the negatives. Hopcalite or no hopcalite?

I can’t follow the negatives. Hopcalite or no hopcalite?

I'm going to find out. I have no idea if we're using it. I don't like to get dirty, so I don't do the compressor maintenance. :)

Rjack, a simple Google search shows a hundred threads that say any internal combustion engine can/will produce CO. Diesels produce significantly less, but still produce it. Don't argue with me, argue with 100+ Google threads

A cursory glance at Lawrence Factors list of SCUBA filters will show how many actually have Hopcalite.Or we can suppose, assume and guess and make pedantic pronouncements based on that evidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom