Bottom timer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone still sell a simple bottom timer? (Can't afford a computer just now and I keep forgetting to set my watch or the button gets bumped during the dive.)

landlocked once bubbled...
Does anyone still sell a simple bottom timer? (Can't afford a computer just now and I keep forgetting to set my watch or the button gets bumped during the dive.)
Princton Tec analog/mecahnical... you can even find them at times on ebay but they may or may not work.

Casio/Timex/whatever watch.

Uwatec/OMS digital bottom timer/depth gauge. (this is what I would get if I were you.)

It's a beauty! Auto on/off, accent rate, temperature, log…
Though imperial version is somewhat pricey, metric one can be found really cheap.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Uwatec/OMS digital bottom timer/depth gauge. (this is what I would get if I were you.)
I can get a genesis react computer for almost the same money. (Money which I don't have right now.) The watch that I am using keeps failing. (The button gets bumped or I forget to stop it.) Usually that isn't a big problem as many of my dives are at less than 30 feet with a single AL 80. Hard to get in NDL trouble but... two weeks from now we will be diving for two or three days in a 55 foot pond at around 4500 feet elev. Hmmm... any idea where and for how much I could find one of the princtons?

landlocked once bubbled...
I can get a genesis react computer for almost the same money. (Money which I don't have right now.) The watch that I am using keeps failing. (The button gets bumped or I forget to stop it.) Usually that isn't a big problem as many of my dives are at less than 30 feet with a single AL 80. Hard to get in NDL trouble but... two weeks from now we will be diving for two or three days in a 55 foot pond at around 4500 feet elev. Hmmm... any idea where and for how much I could find one of the princtons?

So are you gonna be using tables for that dive?? The react will be no good to you up there.

We bought Genesis computers as newbie divers, on our way to Tahiti with brand new paper cert cards.

For general, overall bulletproof service, at a great price I don't think you can beat the Genesis systems.

Just remember to push the button before entering the water. They are not water activated... the only drawback I have seen with them.

Good luck!

raxafarian once bubbled...
So are you gonna be using tables for that dive?? The react will be no good to you up there.
Yes, I will be using tables. Will probably use them even after I have a computer to one extent or another. However, I can't afford a computer just yet. But out of curiosity, why would a React be no good. I understood that it automatically adjusted for altitude. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom