Bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C'mon. Somebody's got to have an extra Helix they can send off to this special woman. (I dumped mine on my sister. She loves it. I didn't. I'll stick to a Cressi Archimede on one arm and an Ironman on the other.)

Peter Guy:
Hmmm, well, she started out with a Cobra (but now can NOT be bothered to have such a rule 6 violation anywhere near her!) so that one is out -- and it doesn't show seconds so her 1 minute stop might be as long as, wait, 92 seconds!

Then she got a Mosquito -- NOT a rule 6 violation but she won't use the "cheesy" magnifyer and yes, it doesn't show seconds either so again, it may not be precisely 60 seconds!

OK, then she got a dive watch which SHOWS seconds so her stops were "spot on" BUT now she finds out the band won't fit over her dry suit. Now SOME people might say, get a bigger band or come up with an extender, but, hmmm, nope -- MUST GET ANOTHER TOY!

Wives, can't live with 'em, .......

There you have it Lynn. He said it for all to see. "MUST GET ANOTHER TOY". You have to in order to maintain family harmony. You're doing it for him.

Vytec...

I got mine for the same reasons that you mentioned, Lynne... easy to read big numbers and a timer in seconds. In gauge mode it shows only what you need. It also has a great download function and software that I really like.

It's not so bad $$$ if you get it without the transmitter.

I think the Vytech is the next self-indulgence. I have some options which will allow me to get one very reasonably. Having used Snowbear's, I know I can read the numbers . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom