Bottom Feeder Web Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver:
Ive heard nothing real good about Lynnhaven
What have you heard bad about them?

I have just heard they are pretty arrogant and just was into their own thing, but I have no personal experience with them.I will say that I was in Dive Quarters this afternoon & was talking about Sats dive to the Brass Spike & I mentioned that it was crowded & LDC had a boat there also.Someone in the store came out with Ill never go there again.Ive heard that too many times.

I think Lynnhaven is a great dive store.

I was in there today for the 'Crazy Mike' sale with my girlfriend. We bought a couple of dive skins, and several other items.
Their prices are decent for an LDS. We could have saved some money buying online (and I buy at least half of my stuff online), but sometimes its nice to try things on before you buy.

I always get great service when I go in there. I show up for all the sales and browse the store and I get alot of input/help from the staff. A couple of them even know me by name - not very arrogant in my book.

There is a rivalry between LDC and DQ. I don't know all the details - nor do I care - but you will bump into people who have picked sides. My suggestion: Make your decision based on your experiences, not someone elses.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Lynnhaven. They let us do what we want to do on the boat, cook Lindsey dogs on SI, and the boat is the most comfortable I have been on in this area including all the NC dive spots.

Glad to hear positive remarks concerning LDC, as I said I had no personal exp. with them.I dont think picking sides is the way it was. I had plenty of input and in the end I went with DQ.I have never heard anyone from DQ say anything bad about LDC.

A new PADI Diving store just opened up in Sterling, VA about two months ago. I haven't heard much about them but stopped by for a visit to get to know my local dive shops. Currently they are a family owned and run business, owned by Dan and June Eddinger- two very nice and helpful people. I don't believe the local store has a website up yet, but the address is below.

---
Sterling Silver Scuba S-11956
1102 West Church Road
Sterling, Virginia 20164
UNITED STATES
Phone: (703) 421-3483

mindseye20:
A new PADI Diving store just opened up in Sterling, VA about two months ago. I haven't heard much about them but stopped by for a visit to get to know my local dive shops. Currently they are a family owned and run business, owned by Dan and June Eddinger- two very nice and helpful people. I don't believe the local store has a website up yet, but the address is below.

---
Sterling Silver Scuba S-11956
1102 West Church Road
Sterling, Virginia 20164
UNITED STATES
Phone: (703) 421-3483

http://www.silverdivers.com/SDWeb/Default.aspx

I wouldn't say the pricing at Lynnhaven Dive Center is cheap, I went there the other day to get a feel for their pricing, and it all pretty much looked like the manufacturers suggested pricing, same as any other shop..

Back
Top Bottom