Boredom is the mother of all invention: DIY seat break in tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genius

Finally got tired of cycling by hand and remembered my kid had a K'nex motor laying around. A couple zip ties, an old second stage and a few minutes later and I'm sitting back smiling.

Pretty neat.

My hack is to use a stubby Phillips screwdriver and an inflator hose (BCD or drysuit). It's easy to depress the Shrader valve to get a bunch of cycles in very quickly

The way I was taught was to simply take teeny tiny little sips of air. I can do 50 actuations in one lung full of air, which takes about 15 seconds. 10 repetitions is 500 actuations in plus or minus 3 minutes.

Having said that, I am someone who has created a pump based system for checking cracking pressure, another task that can very easily be done with your lungs. So I applaud the spirit! :)

ETA: It was @rsingler who taught me that trick in his famous reg service class. Reason #437 why the class is recommended for anyone who services their own regs — or even thinks they might want to…

The way I was taught was to simply take teeny tiny little sips of air. I can do 50 actuations in one lung full of air, which takes about 15 seconds. 10 repetitions is 500 actuations in plus or minus 3 minutes.

Having said that, I am someone who has created a pump based system for checking cracking pressure, another task that can very easily be done with your lungs. So I applaud the spirit! :)

ETA: It was @rsingler who taught me that trick in his famous reg service class. Reason #437 why the class is recommended for anyone who services their own regs — or even thinks they might want to…

Yeah, I just got to the point that I'd rather do something else for 5 minutes than sit there hyperventilating lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom