Bora Bora dive operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plongee

Registered
Reaction score
I dived the barrier reef on Bora Bora last month with Nemo Divers, whom I highly recommend. The Divemaster, Jun, was excellent -- very organized and aware of all the divers. They're building a hotel just for divers. Should be great. Owner, Katya, is very personable. Everyone we met on the whole island was extremely friendly and laid back. -Bill Karsell

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a wonderful trip.
Post a link to your pictures when you get a chance. ( I'm sure you must have tons)

Plongee once bubbled...
I dived the barrier reef on Bora Bora last month

Well....welcome back to reality, where you probably have 3 feet of snow in your yard...like me! :D

We were in Bora Bora in December where we dove with Blue Nui. Good operation, very professional and based at the Pearl Beach Resort where we stayed.

BTW...what was your favorite dive in the area?

Steve

We were looking at going to Bora Bora to do some diving. We also were looking at the Pearl Beach resort. I checked out their web site and on it - their bungalows go for $650.00 U.S.D PER NIGHT:wacko: :confused:

Is that really the going rate or can package prices be found through agents?

Thats a ton of cash for one week!

Scuba Duffer once bubbled...
We were looking at going to Bora Bora to do some diving. We also were looking at the Pearl Beach resort. I checked out their web site and on it - their bungalows go for $650.00 U.S.D PER NIGHT:wacko: :confused:

Is that really the going rate or can package prices be found through agents?

Thats a ton of cash for one week!

Its not cheap over there...... And while we did not stay at that resort .... that rate is not surprising .... diving was also expensive around $60/ dive per person :wacko: (we purchased a package with Blue Nui .....) but then again everything was expensive ....

anyone traveling to Bora should look into staying at the Maitai to save a few dollars on accommodations. It's not the biggest, or the most luxurious of the resorts there, but they do try to compete by having a semi reasonable price for the room. It's also on the main island, so you don't have to rely on a shuttle boat to go sight seeing or dinner away from the resort.

You might also check the Starwood website for any special deals that Sheraton might offer due to the drop off in travel. Their hotel -- the Bora Bora Nui -- is almost brand new and occupancy is running pretty low considering it is now the largest hotel on the island.

Hoo Ha! My first post to the board.

I will be in Bora Bora in May. Does anybody have e-mail or URL contacts for diving outfitters there, Tahiti, Huahine, Rarotonga, Raiatea, or Moorea?

We are cruising to cecebrate an anniversary. Decided to get certified to better enjoy the trip.

Obviously we are newbies to the sport, so advice on appropriate dive types is appreciated. No sense doing something dumb if the collective wisdome of the group can help us avoid it!

I will be in Bora Bora and Moorea in May as well. My wife and I will be diving with TopDive. Their web site is www.topdive.com. They have a 10 dive punch card which two people can share and it is good at all their locations (i.e. Bora Bora, Moorea, and Tahiti).

Duane

KYDan

We had a great time with Blue Nui on Bora Bora. If your on a cruise? I guess your limited to where you can go...... If not I would very highly recommend a side trip to the Tuamotus for Diving ...Manihi, Rangiroa, Tikehau...and others ... all are atolls about a 45-60 minute plane ride from Tahiti ...... We really had a good time up in that island chain.

As for the diving and ability levels .... Tell them what your comfortable with and they will dive appropriately..... On Bora Bora there are several sites inside the Lagoon that are shallow (50-80 ft if I recall) and very easy stuff. Fafa piti is the "Manta site" Toopua ... lots of walls and an occasional Submarine :wacko: and Toopua iti another shallow dive inside the reef. Once you dive outside the reef however you'll get spoiled with the visibility!!! Blue Nui also offers different packages for diving (5 , 10 dive packages at discounts) and they are transferable between their different sites....

You're going to have a blast !!!! :wink:
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom