Boots over or under?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
You guys can't hold a pee for a 40-60 minute dive? Sheeesh!

130 waterheater, 3500 PSI (sometimes 3700 if they really like me) lobstering from 15 - 22 fSW, SAC .43 - .50...

Its just a little longer than "40 - 60 minutes...."

So, uh... no. I really can't. :10:

---
Ken

Hi,

I did one very disgusting and you feel the warm surrounding my body......hehe:maniac: :maniac: diver please away from me.....
I will pee before go for dive....Hehe Hygiene...ya

Cheer
Jason
Mo2vation:
130 waterheater, 3500 PSI (sometimes 3700 if they really like me) lobstering from 15 - 22 fSW, SAC .43 - .50...

Its just a little longer than "40 - 60 minutes...."

So, uh... no. I really can't. :10:

---
Ken

Booties always go under and never tell anyone you wore them over once. They will tell stories about you around the campfires for generations to come. Children will run in fear when they hear the story of the bootie monster.

Booties go underneath your wet suit. Keeps the water out and keeps you warmer.

Over! unless you wish to empy your "urine traps" when you are taking off your gear.

I have seen some pretty pure stuff come out of boots. In extreme cases of suit tuck-in-itis I have observed gallons of unctuous liquid collecting about the ankles upon exiting the water..... until the diver removes the boot...... THEN, flowing out over ...hand gear... feet....scuttling crabs.... snorkels...

If you go the "tuck the suit inside route" ...at least dump them in style. with announcement and a grin. The screams are worth it.

You will be warmer and eliminate potential circulation restrictions by closing a tight suit over a boot top.

flasdhover604:
I've always worn my boots zipped over my wetsuit leg. I recently saw somewhere that wearing them under the wetsuit leg keeps more water out of the boot. I'd think it would then let more water into your suit via the larger leg opening. Any takers?
The warmest option is both. My 7mm ScubaPro has an inner cuff that goes inside. The outer part of the leg is zippered, it goes over the boot. Real nice tight seal that lets little water in. The arm openings work the same way.
I also have a 3mm suit that does not have the double cuff option, I suspect this is something they only do on the heavier suits - but that is where you really appreciate the tight seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom