Boots over or under?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flashover604

Reaction score
I've always worn my boots zipped over my wetsuit leg. I recently saw somewhere that wearing them under the wetsuit leg keeps more water out of the boot. I'd think it would then let more water into your suit via the larger leg opening. Any takers?

flashover604:
I've always worn my boots zipped over my wetsuit leg. I recently saw somewhere that wearing them under the wetsuit leg keeps more water out of the boot. I'd think it would then let more water into your suit via the larger leg opening. Any takers?

This has been discussed many, many times.

When I'm diving wet, I go with suit over the boots. Keeps sand out of the boot zipper, and lets me "flush" the suit.

---
Ken

Diving wet... Booties under suit... if you pee in the suit... you fill the booties... that's what Mo2Vation (the anti-mof'er) is trying to politely say...

flashover604:
By wearing your boots outside your wetsuit you ensure you get stinky booties. It's simple fluid dynamics.
Rick :)

Fluid Dynamics... HAH!!!!!!!!!!

You guys can't hold a pee for a 40-60 minute dive? Sheeesh!

flashover604:
Not unless you are swimming backwards!!!!!!!!!!!

daniel f aleman:

Depends on how deep you go...:D

Hi,

No! hygiene.....
Myself pee before go for dive prevent under water privacy,:wink: I can't hold too long. :D
What will you do under water?:06:
Cheer
Jason:D
daniel f aleman:

Hi,

Pee under water a big problem....for dry suit diver......wet suit no problem at all ya.....

I agree what you say depend what deep........

Cheer
Jason:14:
Diver Dennis:
Depends on how deep you go...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom