Booties..... what do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get something with drain holes. I forget which brand but I know someone makes them

That bloated feeling doesn't work for feet, either.

do they dry well? It feels funny to wear what looks like straight-up shoes diving! I expect the foot support must be a lot better however!

And do you recommend the low top or mid top style?

Final edit; do they provide any thermal protection at all? Do you wear neoprene socks underneath?

They dry super fast and drain very easily. They're designed for sneaky guys doing over-the-beach type of stuff, and they're much better than booties for actual traction on different surfaces.

I like the mid for spring straps, low for rubber straps. I have two pair, one for my drysuit that are mids, and a pair of lows for board shorts and rash guard type diving with different fins. I have neoprene socks on my drysuit, and I usually wear a pair of lycra socks underneath my lows, although I've gone barefoot without issue.

I wear Chuck's. Love them for shore diving!

They dry super fast and drain very easily. They're designed for sneaky guys doing over-the-beach type of stuff, and they're much better than booties for actual traction on different surfaces.

I like the mid for spring straps, low for rubber straps. I have two pair, one for my drysuit that are mids, and a pair of lows for board shorts and rash guard type diving with different fins. I have neoprene socks on my drysuit, and I usually wear a pair of lycra socks underneath my lows, although I've gone barefoot without issue.
Got my pair today, can’t wait to try them out!

Attachments

• C81AA775-88D4-407B-8771-E1150628BD8D.jpeg
    C81AA775-88D4-407B-8771-E1150628BD8D.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 280
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom