Question Boot recommendations for OMS Slipstreams?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYCLuke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I picked these up last year and used them in the Pacific side in Mexico with some 7mm boots I own, which I needed due to the spring straps. I found those to be slightly too warm when the water temp was over 25C. My question is that I'll be spending a month in Philippines early next year and want to get a thinner pair of boots that will be appropriate for tropics.

I've heard a lot about a pair of converse high tops, are they legit comfortable enough? Is that feasible? And I'd assume just a regular pair of cotton socks under them.
Other than that, my LDS was trying to sell me a Tusa 5mm pair with a hard sole which they said comes in a 3mm as well (but couldn't find it online)

1724839254942.png

I've heard a lot about a pair of converse high tops, are they legit comfortable enough? Is that feasible? And I'd assume just a regular pair of cotton socks under them.
I can't say as to the Chucks -- they don't fit my feet -- but I'd suggest lycra or some other synthetic socks, not cotton.

How could a pair of dive boots be "too warm"?
some people get hot feet, my wife does. Hates anything other than 3mm sock or boot depending on the fin.

Chuck Taylors could rub you the wrong way in the water, plus they would take forever to dry out. Some people use them for drysuits that come with socks instead of built in boots. They are cheaper and more comfortable that Rock Boots. Make sure you bring your fins to try the boots out. Going to a thinner boot might make your spring straps a little loose.

How could a pair of dive boots be "too warm"?
7mm boots in 28C water is definitely too warm for me lol. My 3mm shoes worked well with my old Mares fins, but the heel doesn't come high enough with the spring straps on the OMS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom