Books on trimix and techdiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jroy017

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I.m seriously thinking of probably getting tech diver certifications and trimix later on . However for the moment I want to get more diving experience. On the other hand i still would like to start learning some of the principles and theory behind trimix and techdiving., Anybody have any good book suggestions?
Are there only training manuals available?

thanks

JN

I might suggest IANTD's "Encyclopaedia of Technical Diving" or "Technical Diving in Depth" by B.R. Wienke (but that one might be a bit more involved than what you are looking for at the moment). "Technical Diving From the Bottom Up" by Kevin Gurr is also very good!

You may also check out GUE's "Getting clear on the basics: The fundamentals of Technical diving."

It's available as a pdf file downloadable from their website.

Don't forget the Oxyhackers Companion available from Airspeed press while you're looking.

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
I might suggest IANTD's "Encyclopaedia of Technical Diving" or "Technical Diving in Depth" by B.R. Wienke (but that one might be a bit more involved than what you are looking for at the moment). "Technical Diving From the Bottom Up" by Kevin Gurr is also very good!

Can these be bought online? Are they books with pictures?

:)

(yes I like pictures)

Has anyone read IMERSED, I think it's a US based magizine about technical diving.

Is it good? I would have to mail it as I've never seen it in Asia.

blackice once bubbled...
Has anyone read IMERSED, I think it's a US based magizine about technical diving.

Is it good? I would have to mail it as I've never seen it in Asia.

Immersed Magazine, or Mondo Immerso as we call it, is a good one. Also, try Advanced Diver Magazine out of Florida. It has really good pictures!

Cave Diver once bubbled...
You may also check out GUE's "Getting clear on the basics: The fundamentals of Technical diving."

It's available as a pdf file downloadable from their website.

I don't know if there is a later addition of the pdf file but my copy (v1-1) has several errors in it. They are mostly typos, incorrect equations and a table which claims to be metric but is really in english units. I still think it is worth reading just be aware of the potential errors (like you should with any book).

cornfed once bubbled...

... and a table which claims to be metric but is really in english units.

English Units? Don't the Brits use the metric system these days... the only people still on the Imperial System are the yanks! Kind of ironic really. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom