Book Selection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WheelsUSN

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have been asked to participate in literacy week at my granddaughter's elementary school. They want me to read to several classes between kindergarten and second grade and talk to them about diving. I am free to choose any book that I want but would prefer something that is related to diving or the ocean. Does anyone have recommendations of an appropriate book to read to groups of 5-8 year olds that the kids would enjoy and is related to diving?

Thanks

Coral's Reef by Dee Scarr comes to mind. My wife (the real educator in the family) might have other suggestions when she comes home tonight.

Coral's Reef by Dee Scarr comes to mind. My wife (the real educator in the family) might have other suggestions when she comes home tonight.

Thanks knotical, I'll try to find a copy and check it out.

Hi Wheels,

My wife just explained that Coral's Reef is probably too high level (more like third grade). She suggested Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.

k

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom