Bonne Terre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there in two weeks, looking forward to it.

My husband and I are looking forward to going there around the holidays this year when we are out visiting his parents. After hearing the details from everyone, I am super excited!!

The place is awesome. You won't be let down.

I am so hooked I am going to try and get my cavern cert there, and am already trying to plan another fun trip. I can't wait to do the other trails. BTW, the pics in the gift shop are cool, yet creepy at the same time.

Speaking of pics, not many of the ones I took in the mine came out. They said that it is difficult to get decent pics without virtually having an entire camera crew along.

DRIS;
I may have to take you up on that. :)

As a final note, I really need to emphasize the great crew they have at Bonne Terre:
Tour guides - Deb and Donna
Divers - Greg, Andy, and Buzz.

They were all very professional and obviously take great enjoyment and pride in what they do.

Hey Water Monkey,

I've read about this and been thinking about it for 2 years. Your posts sound like you really had a good time, I'm getting LURED in.

Now, is there light in the mine? I read you can't take lights.... which I don't understand,,, *I* wouldn't want to get stranded with no lights..

Thanks

The guides and safety divers have lights and there are built-in lights at some points. That said, while they don't allow lights on the first dive they *may* waive this restriction if the group of divers seem competent and can understand proper light usage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom