Bonne Terre Mine Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. Think I'll just wait another month or so and hit Oranogo or Beaver
for the same water temps without paying as much for a single tank 35-45 minute dive
as I will for a two tank boat dive in Cozumel later this year.

1KWIK, let me know when you are planning to head to Oronogo. We spend quite a bit of time there. We have a get-together planned for the weekend of the 10th of April, and another for July 4 weekend that will include BBQ, treasure hunt, fireworks, etc.

I am generally there every other weekend while they are open, and we sometimes pay the fee to have them open the gates in the off season. Be great to meet another local diver.

DW

Last edited by a moderator:
1KWIK, let me know when you are planning to head to Oronogo. We spend quite a bit of time there. We have a get-together planned for the weekend of the 10th of April, and another for July 4 weekend that will include BBQ, treasure hunt, fireworks, etc.

I am generally there every other weekend while they are open, and we sometimes pay the fee to have them open the gates in the off season. Be great to meet another local diver.

DW

Sounds like fun! I'll let you know. I got a little impatient and booked us some seats to
Florida for the end of March so we can go do a couple days of 2 tanks in the keys.
Air is so cheap to Fort Lauderdale right now that we couldn't pass it up. It helps that
my Dad lives in South Florida and will be picking us up and providing the car ride to
Islamorada. Can you say cheap trip??? :wink:

I'd like to go to Oronogo again some time this year. We've been doing most of our
Midwest diving at Beaver lake the past couple years because the water is so much
warmer than Oronogo, but the vis last year at Beaver was terrible. I hope it's better
this year. With gas being more affordable, I'd like to drag the boat down there and
Tablerock a few times. It would be a lot of fun to put together a Scuba Board trip.

Table Rock is a fun lake to dive. We made several trips down there this winter, all to the Lost Bridge. I am sure that we will be making another before too long.

Beaver is a fun lake, too. You are right, vis there from last spring on sucked. I did most of my diving last year in Oronogo or Stockton Lake.

Maybe we can meet up and dive at some point before long.....

DW

Table Rock is a fun lake to dive. We made several trips down there this winter, all to the Lost Bridge. I am sure that we will be making another before too long.

Beaver is a fun lake, too. You are right, vis there from last spring on sucked. I did most of my diving last year in Oronogo or Stockton Lake.

Maybe we can meet up and dive at some point before long.....

DW

Sounds great. I'm waiting for my LDS to post a date for their next Rescue Diver course and then I'll be scheduling a trip to Beaver for the open water portion. I missed out on the class they had the last weekend of February because I had to work. I've completed the book and study guides so now I'm just stuck waiting on them.

I'm assuming you have a dry suit to be going to the lost bridge at Tablerock. That's one thing I have yet to get. I just use my farmer john and hood at Oronogo, but I've never been there during winter.

Nice thing about Oronogo, below 20' or so and the water temps are the same year round due to the quarry being spring fed. And yes, I dive dry. :)

By the way, which LDS do you use up there?

DW

Nice thing about Oronogo, below 20' or so and the water temps are the same year round due to the quarry being spring fed. And yes, I dive dry. :)

By the way, which LDS do you use up there?

DW

Skin & Scuba. I got my original open water with them back when I was a kid in 1987
and they're who I went through for my Advanced. They have great instructors!
I feel bad that I don't bring them more business but I do a lot more diving in blue water
than I do around here. On the flip side, I've sent five friends to them to be certified,
so I guess I do bring them business. Lol

Oh, and I get my tanks filled there. :D

That is where I got my OW cert. While I agree with you on the instructors, the rest of the shop left much to be desired in my opinion. Maybe they have turned things around since I dealt with them last, though. I heard that the shop was changing hands, by the way.

Anyway, we will have to get together and do some diving.....

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom