Bonne Terre here I come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm so excited! I just booked a dive trip to Bonne Terre in the next two weeks and I just had to come here to share my excitement! :dance:

I'll be heading to the pool this weekend to try out my new BCD, then to Bonne Terre the next weekend. Yaaaay! It's been since mid-December since I dove and I'm starting to get the shakes from withdraw! Lol

Definitely I wll! How close is it to you?

I know right now I can tell you it seems a little expensive, but it's the only winter option I have around here. It's $65 a dive. I'm doing 3 dives. So, it adds up to $195! But, that still is cheaper than a flight South. :D

I'm about 4 hrs away to the east. Yes, I know they're kinda pricey, that's 1 reason I haven't gone. I've kicked around the thought of leading a trip for my LDS to do a weekend of diving there, but haven't really gotten any further than that.

I hear the part of the expense. That's why I dive the local quarry year round. I wouldn't exactly call it a wild blast,... but it is diving, enjoyable & helps to keep my skills sharp.

Completely makes sense. Bonne Terre is about 4 hours from me too!

What are the water temps in your Quarry in the winter time?

I don't know when the last recording was done,.... but Pennyroyal's web site states that the water is 46 degrees at the surface, down to 38 degrees below 50 ft. I am soooooo ready fro spring to make an appearance.

I was just looking at Bonne Terre myself today. Do you know how many dives are included in the packages? It's about 2.5 hours NE of me.

Well, I don't know exactly how it's booked. I know we booked 3 dives. We are not staying the night in the hotel. We are just doing the 3 dives in 1 day. I do know it's $65 a dive.

Looks like an awesome place to dive it is definetly on my list of places to visit, Enjoy if uyou take a camera be sure to post some pics and let us know how you liked it

I was just looking at Bonne Terre myself today. Do you know how many dives are included in the packages? It's about 2.5 hours NE of me.

$65 a dive with a minimum booking of 3 dives... personally, i'm not quite sure it's worth it. Never been there because i've never spent so much just to go dive for a day or 2 :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom