Bonica Neon Strobe / Sony video camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techdiver

Reaction score
I am going to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) in September. I have an underwater housing for my digital camera (Canon S40) and I am going to purchase the Bonica Neon Strobe.

Also, I have a video camera (Sony DCR-TRV 730) and I am planing on purchasing the Ikelite underwater housing for it.

My questions are:

Does anyone have any experience with the Bonica Neon Strobe? How well does it work? Do you recommend it?

Has anyone used a Sony video camera underwater on the GBR (or other site), and how well did it operate in the lower light conditions? Should I get an external light?

Thanks!

I am going to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) in September. I have an underwater housing for my digital camera (Canon S40) and I am going to purchase the Bonica Neon Strobe.

Also, I have a video camera (Sony DCR-TRV 730) and I am planing on purchasing the Ikelite underwater housing for it.

My questions are:

Does anyone have any experience with the Bonica Neon Strobe? How well does it work? Do you recommend it?

Has anyone used a Sony video camera underwater on the GBR (or other site), and how well did it operate in the lower light conditions? Should I get an external light?

Thanks!

opinion.png

The problem I see with that strobe is it needs the camera's strobe to fire it without a fiber optic cable.
IMO you should block the camera's strobe from being in the photo. Depending on how you block the camera's strobe there may not be enough light to fire the Bonica strobe? It does advertise dual sensors so maybe it will work? Have to try it to find out?
IMO a fiber optic cable type is better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom