bone density testing..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
two years ago I had a bone density test and all was well,,I exercise a lot and take mega vitamens including calcium ...then last aug. I broke my foot while diving..went I saw my gyno. in dec. he had me sch. a bone density test again...well...I had it, and I have osteoporosis ...I will be discussing treatment options in a couple weeks...

No matter how active or how healthy you are be sure to get a bone density test! Osteoporosis can occur at any age!:blinking:

Yeah, I need to get in and get tested again. Ten years ago, I was fine. But it does creep up. A good reminder to all of us women "of a certain age".

BTW, one of the things recommended to maintain bone density is weight bearing exercise, so don't let anybody else carry those tanks for you, ladies!

A good reminder to all of us women "of a certain age".

So Doc, at what age should we be thinking of having this test done? Should we ask if the Dr does not mention it?

Back
Top Bottom