Bonaire's travel update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not rely on what airline websites say on flights while the bans are in place. I don't think they have caught up. Their staff didn't seem much better. I spoke with Delta yesterday about a refund for my flight to Zurich scheduled in 9 days and the response was that flight is still going and not cancelled. I reminded the rep of the us, eu and ch travel bans and was put on hold to so the rep could speak with a supervisor. After speaking with the supervisor the response was you can have a full refund but you had to take it now on the call.

We decided to change our 8 May Bon trip to May 2021...We stay at Belmar and they have agreed to apply our deposit to the May 2021 trip and cancellation fee goes away.....kudos to Belmar for working with us on this.....

It is my impression that they are only allowing passengers to depart and return home to the US
According to my brother, this is what Delta is currently planning. No new folks allowed to debark, but Americans with return flights scheduled will be brought home. That's official word as of yesterday. With our other brother and his wife currently on island, and scheduled to fly home on Saturday, the question is whether they get an extended vacation. As the oldest bro just completed his OW cert today, I doubt it would bother him much to get another week (or two) of diving!

According to my brother, this is what Delta is currently planning. No new folks allowed to debark, but Americans with return flights scheduled will be brought home. That's official word as of yesterday. With our other brother and his wife currently on island, and scheduled to fly home on Saturday, the question is whether they get an extended vacation. As the oldest bro just completed his OW cert today, I doubt it would bother him much to get another week (or two) of diving!

May want to check with your brother Woodcarver. No Delta on Saturday, the Sunday was cancelled at noon and no news when they may come and get us. Bonaire airport announced the US carriers (American, Delta, United) were stopping flights as of 3/23. American looks to be just bout full up on 3/21, or maybe they will scrap that flight too. Being stuck on a rock sounds good, right up until you are stuck on a rock.

May want to check with your brother Woodcarver. No Delta on Saturday, the Sunday was cancelled at noon and no news when they may come and get us. Bonaire airport announced the US carriers (American, Delta, United) were stopping flights as of 3/23. American looks to be just bout full up on 3/21, or maybe they will scrap that flight too. Being stuck on a rock sounds good, right up until you are stuck on a rock.
In the process of checking, as we "speak". I think they were supposed to fly today, and that flight was showing "boarding" on Delta's website. Now showing "awaiting takeoff". Haven't received a response to texts yet.
That stuck on a rock thing is definitely a matter of perspective, for sure. Sounds like you are currently in that position. We thought we were going to be stuck for an extra week last year due to the hurricane on Labor Day, but it stalled over the Bahamas and left Miami alone. That would have been fine for us to have spent an extra week on island.
Hope you are able to get home this weekend. Every thing we're finding indicates this weekend or wait until May. If you weren't planning a long visit, May could be a long time. Good luck!

the latest from the Bonaire Insider, today, 5:35pm
upload_2020-3-20_17-57-58.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom