Bonaire with the DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great information .... I generally like still photography but frequently shoot video with the GP3+ (with backscatter filters) and grab the best frames for stills. We seldom care about the final video, just the stills. I like the idea that the DC2000 can shoot video and grabs stills at the same time, although I think that I read those stills are only 2MB. With my wife using the GP3+ setup for video/stills, I'd likely focus more on the stills. I'm looking at the duo pro with the seadragon flash and lights included...

Thanks for any and all suggestions...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! We leave next Sunday so I shared these with my ten year old daughter for a little preview for her!

Great information .... I generally like still photography but frequently shoot video with the GP3+ (with backscatter filters) and grab the best frames for stills. We seldom care about the final video, just the stills. I like the idea that the DC2000 can shoot video and grabs stills at the same time, although I think that I read those stills are only 2MB. With my wife using the GP3+ setup for video/stills, I'd likely focus more on the stills. I'm looking at the duo pro with the seadragon flash and lights included...

Thanks for any and all suggestions...

Yeah, if you're mainly interested in photos, the DC2000 hands down.

Yeah, if you're mainly interested in photos, the DC2000 hands down.
Or maybe different camera?

There are multiple still cameras out there. You may want to sit back and compare the available options before you purchase...

Or maybe different camera?

There are multiple still cameras out there. You may want to sit back and compare the available options before you purchase...

His first post mentioned that he was "torn between the GoPro5 and the DC2000", so I figured that, for one reason or another (price point, ease of use/simple point and shoot, etc), those are the two he was deciding between, hence my answer.

His first post mentioned that he was "torn between the GoPro5 and the DC2000", so I figured that, for one reason or another (price point, ease of use/simple point and shoot, etc), those are the two he was deciding between, hence my answer.
Agreed. That is why I was not aggressively advocating that the OP buy a better camera.

Just hinting...

I'm so close to my next Bonaire trip, I'll have to hit the button soon (today or tomorrow). If there is another similar size/weight, similarly priced setup ~1500 (with lights) and that's rated to 200' --- by all means I'm interested in looking.

Thanks, Bill

There are better compacts out there for sure, but far as I know, the DC2000 is easily the best option out there at that price point. Other 1" sensor compacts will run around $500-$700 just for the camera, then another $400-1100 for the housing, then you still have to get lights, arms, base, etc. Not to mention it's very easy to use and made for underwater photos, so I think it'll be a great option for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom