Trip Report Bonaire with photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dave1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Visited Bonaire in May 2024. Delta Airlines messed with our plane schedule resulting in us having to overnight in Atlanta both going and returning. Quite frustrating.

Photos are posted at my website and here is a link to it. Photos from Bonaire diving

Stayed at Sand Dollar, our favorite place. We like having a full kitchen, being on the ocean front and having access to the dock next door for diving Bari reef.

Rented a truck from Ultimate Truck Rental. Liked the truck and its ability to safely lock things up when diving. I would use them again.

The favorite dives were Bari and the Salt Pier. Bari has coral damage but there were lots of fish and they did not mind divers taking their picture. At Salt Pier, there were lots of fish with many of them in schools. They did not mind divers or being photographed either. Sergent Majors were in blue phase with lots of eggs deposited on many pier supports. I gave them plenty of space as they were quite busy defending their eggs and did not need me as a distraction.

The highlight of the trip was at the end of the Salt Pier dive, which was also my last dive of the trip. At the end of the dive as we made our way back to the beach, two spotted Eagle Rays came to us and started swimming in a tight circle fairly close to us. They went round and round, like two dogs chasing each other’s tail. Then one swam off and the other came even closer to us for a bit.

Overall, a fun trip, our 4th to Bonaire overall.

Back
Top Bottom