Trip Report Bonaire trip report – Return to Beachcomber Villas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They ask that you limit your use of the AC from 7 PM until 8 AM (13 hrs.) and that usage is included in their rate. (From their website: Rates include weekly cleaning & linen change and use of air conditioning between 7:00 pm and 8:00 am). That's when most folks are in the apartments cooking and sleeping. If you're getting a later start you can shut off the AC and leave the bedroom closed up and it will stay cool for another couple of hours. You also generally have a very nice breeze, screens on all the windows, and ceiling fans in the main rooms. Electricity is expensive. Walther & Nicole are very accommodating. I'm sure they'll be happy to work something out with you if you have additional needs. Just drop them an email. I've stayed there multiple times and it's never been an issue, but it's good to make sure it will meet your needs up front. All IMHO, YMMV.
Thanks for the info. Their site makes it appear that usage is an addl $30 per day. I understand that electricity is expensive there, but as of last year $15 per day tended to be the norm for places that did charge the premium. The idea of the equivalent of $900 per month to keep a room comfortable just seems a bit outside the norm. Nonetheless, I’m glad you found a place that suits you. Bonaire is a place I go back to year after year, and not having to figure things out all over again every time is nice.

Back
Top Bottom