Bonaire Trip Report - May 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, my last dive trip will be July 2016 to the Red Sea, where I have booked back to back liveaboard trips to the far north and central destinations.
The retirement was planned and not enforced. I do enjoy my diving a lot but I made a promise to my wife 9 years ago when I started diving. We put a lot of land based holidays on hold to satisfy my diving bug and it was agreed that I would dive for 10 years and retire. Afterwards, we plan to start going to all those other holdays - Inca Trail etc in Peru, Central Asian Silk Routes, Patagonia, Madagascar (not to dive), Transylvania, New Zealand etc

Sounds like a good plan to me.

We have a similar plan. My bride likes the camping/hiking thing, and I believe the Hampton Inn is roughing it. So she's going to do the trips i wouldn't enjoy (she just got back from a rafting trip down the Grand Canyon) and I'll punch a few of my dive bucket-list items over the next few years. Then we can do some civilized trips together. For example, I want to rent one of those canal boats in the UK and do a pub-crawl on the canals.

"Apart from limited visibility at Red Slave, all the dives were very good. I did not enjoy the entries and exits and bet that the crew would have had a quiet laugh behind my back at my clumsiness."

Yes, my wife and I have had some of those not so graceful entries and exits. I always get a good chuckle when I recall her exclamation when things go bad: "And down she goes!" Fortunately no one scores you on your entries and exists, it's your trim and buoyancy when you are under that is important.

Ditto! Just back a couple of weeks now. One memorable entry at Vista Blue we just got in waist deep and my wife notices my tank is slipping out. She has a brand new knee and instead of asking her to deal with it I said I'd walk out and set back up on the rocks. As I'm doing that I hear her and turn and she has followed me back in a bit and got knocked down by a wave and is getting tossed around in the surf. I run out to help her just as another couple are coming by. They had that oh my god what a train wreck look on their faces. I said we're fine, have a nice dive :wink: Still finding sand tucked away in the nooks and crannies of her bc :) On a positive note the new knee held up great even after a couple of knock downs!!
And u are correct, we looked much better under water!
Back on topic, nice trip report and photos! Not sure if I am going to post one this year. After 8 years (I think) it might be enough to say see last year's report :wink:

Back
Top Bottom