Bonaire Trip Report From A Happy Camper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PartyStar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This was third time on island and traveled with a very large group and we stayed at Captain Don's Habitat.
I was pleased as punch about the resort, the friendly people who worked there for many many years, the food at the restaurant, the house reef and the best after dive snorkel to the right which went on and on for miles. My fear was mold, as I have allergies and a history of becoming ill on Bonaire. I was in an older room and there were no problems; no hospital trip this time! The Divemaster went out of his way to accommodate everyone with our boat dives. Nice DMs and I tipped them well. The people did not share the truck and the only shore dives I had was that off the Captain Don's pier was was pretty darn good. Four people to a truck = I spent money using the nice cab drivers. Shore diving is rugged and it was fantastic to just do boat dives and not have to do all the w-o-r-k involved with shore diving. Although, for some reason I love Karpata and the challenging entrance / exit. Nobody in the big group wanted to dive the east coast, take a 4 wheeler motorcycle ride nor a horseback ride n swim. The big group were in sheeple herd mode and I will say that was the worst part - being with zombie robots who BAAAAA follow follow and do not think for themselves. Many of them kicked the reef and touched the coral while taking photos. The group leader should have said something. We saw a large pod of dolphins, many turtles a few lionfish and hardly ANY larger groupers because they are being over-fished everywhere. The Bonaire locals attitudes have improved greatly. They seem to be more gracious and polite - but maybe it's because we were at Captain Don's.

Attachments

• BONAIRE 314.jpg
    BONAIRE 314.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 242
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom