Bonaire Trip Disaster!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VGdiver:
Ain't this the truth!

Coming back to the States from the BVI each year, I have no choice but to fly into San Juan. It's gotten so bad that I keep an extra set of stuff back in Texas so that I don't have to travel with anything essential. Usually it's lost luggage (even on the direct flights) but lately we have heard more and more of thefts.

Though on the other hand, it has been good for my dive business. Lots of folks arrive on VG and have to buy shirts, shorts and flip flops as their luggage is floating around somewhere. At least once a week, we have families come in to stock up as they wait for their luggage...which always arrives the day before they go back.

Boo on AA!
Take a water taxi to St Thomas and fly back to CONUS with out stopping in PR.

A group I know recently went to Bonaire for a week. One couple couldn't make the Saturday run out of NY via Air Jamaica, so they opted for the Sunday flight on AA through San Juan. They arrived Tuesday....night. For all of their effort and inconvenience, 6 days of diving was reduced to 3. AA just kept giving them the runaround.

Air Jamaica's no great shakes either, but in 2 trips, despite the delays, ancient planes, lousy customer service, slow baggage handling, being hassled by the employees at Montego Bay Airport, and overall incompetence, I did manage to at least get all of my bags unmarred.

There's got to be a better way.

I just booked the direct flight from Houston to Boniare. Leave Houston at 11:15 on a Friday night and arrive Saturday morning at 6:15. Sleep on the plane and dive on arrival. Woo-hoo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom