Bonaire Trip-Delfins Beach Resort questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kristen8416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m planning our 4th trip to Bonaire. I realize we’re newbs compared to most, LOL. We’ve been bitten by the Bonaire bug. We didn’t really get the draw until our second trip there when we decided to chill out and just relax on the dives and really look around and explore. I think we were so used to the boat dives and the mentality of go go go. Needless to say, now we’ve done 3 trips there in about one years time and are heading back this June for our anniversary. What had kept me away in the past was the crime, but we didn’t find that to be an issue. We just adhered to the usual advice. Now I can’t imagine going back to boat diving. Anyway, my questions if you’ve been to Delfins.

Debating between a studio, one bedroom or 2 bedroom. There are only two of us so we don’t need much room other than we like to lay out our dive stuff and organize it for the next day. (not BCD’s but ancillary gear). The cost difference adds up but I’d rather be comfortable. My concern is the one bedroom not having air in the main area.

Is the ocean view worth it? It doesn’t look like a much bigger expense but the studio ocean views are all booked if that’s the route we go.

Is there a preferred floor, 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Anyone use something like expedia to book? I’ve never used but the rates appear to be cheaper. I’m usually booking Marriott with points.

I realize this is relatively new resort so I’m guessing not a lot of people have stayed here but hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance and sorry for long winded post.
Kristen

Locations & Hours - Dive Friends Bonaire

Dive friends has a location at Delfins.

The rest of your concerns is up to you (personal preference). I would say go with a studio since you need to have TV in bed. I never used a TV in Bonaire so our TVs could all have been broken.

Locations & Hours - Dive Friends Bonaire

Dive friends has a location at Delfins.

The rest of your concerns is up to you (personal preference). I would say go with a studio since you need to have TV in bed. I never used a TV in Bonaire so our TVs could all have been broken.

That’s typically what we hear about TV’s, LOL. We only watch at night just before bed. We’ve used Dive Friends there for check out dive and tanks.

Back
Top Bottom