Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Habitat

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marisa-t

Registered
Reaction score
BONAIRE TELL ME MORE

Anyone who can tell me in details what to see and do dive wise will be great, I will be there the last week of June and want to leave with a great thought. Someone said they saw puffers at night with their lights, that's seemed cool. All the big ones I saw in Cayman were pretty much the same way but swam off pretty fast too. I love seeing christmas tree worms, and checking out the anemones. The best thing is checking out nooks and crannies to find little hiders. I swam with the eel that is famous in Caymans and the Well known Stingray City, I was the first off the boat and the last in, I'd have to say though I had a couple of hickies that stayed for a while. I stayed at Sunset House for a week and pretty much just camped at the bar there if not diving! So enought about G.C. I want to know cool details about Bonaire, I am going over to Klein but would like to know what to check out! I would have love to seen the birth of the baby turtles. OH one last question do I have to do a dive run with someone before we're aloud to dive? I will also have a poll for the resorts so please VOTE.

P.S. Thanks Natasha! I'm not scared just want to make sure and yes I will definetly be calling you!:wink:

Marisa (YISSA)

Looks like we'll just miss you. I think we'll be leaving on the 21st.

I like the Divi Flamingo, but haven't stayed anywhere else.

Sunrentals is running a special at the time you will be there... 599.00 per person, which includes an apartment, 1 week unlimited shore diving, and a rental van or truck.

www.sunrentals.an
click "specials"

Would you prefer to dive on your own schedule? Or do you want to do charters? or a combo.

While staying at the resorts, it's very easy to grab a tank and jump in... pretty much 24 hrs a day. Or grab tanks and drive to a site (they are all over the west side of the island). Or do a morning or afternoon charter.

If you stay off the water, you'll just have to pick up your tanks and drive to whichever site you want. Or ask the resorts if you can dive off their piers.

Tons of macro life.

You can give us a quick post from the internet cafe (DeTuin) while having a beverage. They have 6 or so computers and the charge is minimal.

I love seeing christmas tree worms, and checking out the anemones. The best thing is checking out nooks and crannies to find little hiders.
I can guarantee that you will absolutely LOVE Bonaire.

Have a wonderful trip!

Sounds like you and bonaire'll get along pretty well!

I'd say go for the plaza if you can...

Captain Dons seemed nice from the one night I was there.

We have been to Bonaire several times. My wife was certified there in 1984. Todays Bonaire is alot different than it was then. In 84 there were maybe 4-5 dive shops to dive from, and maybe ten restuarants. Now there are 80 restaurants and at least 20 places to dive from and on top of that the cruise ships are starting to stop there. I would say Bonaire is the easiest diving in the Carribean. I saw that Doc. V said the beaches were better in Bonaire, but I disagree with that statement. If you want beach, take the PLAZA. We always stay at the Divi because we own a Divi timeshare in the Brac and we trade. We take the unlimited diving wich is great because you can dive on your own schedule. We do boat dive a bit though because Klein Bonaire is worth it. Other worth while sites would be Salt Pier, Town Pier.
Does this compare to Grand Cayman?
Well, yes and then no, a apple and a orange are different, every island has it's own flavor. Our first trip to Grand Cayman was 1980, I snorkeled and fell in love with the underwater world. Grand Cayman today, sadly does not match what it once was. I guess this is progress........but not the kind of progress I would choose for any island.

Caymaniac :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom