Bonaire / Solo / Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing you might want to consider. If you tell your dive shop that you will be diving solo, they will require you to show them papers that you are certified to solo dive. So I am just letting you know that. If you want to solo dive with a pony tank, just don't say anything to them.

Slight high jack (sorry @NW Dive Dawg, but I won’t keep it long), I have no interest in taking my 40 with me, is VIP Diving going to be the best place to rent a pony, or is there somewhere better. We’re staying at Den Laman.

Just realized, Dive Friends doesn’t have them listed, but I haven’t asked them if they are available. I’ll check with them, also.

Thanks,
Erik

I've rented 13 & 19s (pony rigs) from Dive Friends. I think it's mostly about availability (i.e. whether or not they're teaching a class and which locations are teaching). :clearmask:

Thanks for the responses everyone..... I have the parts to make up a trans-fill whip so I'll be going that route... It'll be DIN to DIN and so along with a DIN to K adaptor, when I'm at home I can use one of my HP steels as the donor to get a full top off on my pony. I'm also thinking about bringing my 19 pony instead of the 13. It's only 2lbs weight difference and the added 5 in of length will still fit in my checked bag...

I'm heading to Bonaire in November and plan to do some solo diving. I contacted Divi Flamingo and they said they rent tanks for $20/day and will not fill any tank that is not theirs. I'll be there for 6 days - I'd rather put $80-120 into the tip jar over a rental who's purpose is to never use it. I plan to bring my own - is the trans-fill whip something I should expect them to complain about as well? I won't get a full pony fill with just one tank but two/three should get it full "enough" for the dive profiles I'm expecting. Is this something most do "one the side"?

Try to find someone else to fill. If in hydro and current vis why wouldn’t a shop fill. Capt dons filled my pony last year and in prior years

I'm heading to Bonaire in November and plan to do some solo diving. I contacted Divi Flamingo and they said they rent tanks for $20/day and will not fill any tank that is not theirs. I'll be there for 6 days - I'd rather put $80-120 into the tip jar over a rental who's purpose is to never use it. I plan to bring my own - is the trans-fill whip something I should expect them to complain about as well? I won't get a full pony fill with just one tank but two/three should get it full "enough" for the dive profiles I'm expecting. Is this something most do "one the side"?
How would they see your whip? Just get the tanks put them in your truck and use the whip to get gas from the two tanks to the pony. They will never know.

Buddy Dive has filled my pony in the past....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom