BONAIRE September 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myself and one or two buddies will be on island Sept. 10-17. We are still deciding where to stay. As suggested you may want to do some boat dives and perhaps do a buoyancy class. The diving is great there and really easy. Hope to see you on the island!

Sounds great keep in touch, my girlfriend might not want to dive everyday so If you guys need an extra for a couple dive let me know.

Thanks
Marcus

No but we regularly arrange for cars for our guests if they don't want to bother. We always arrange pick up trucks, they are perfect for shore diving!

We typically stay at Lighthouse Beach Resort condo #13. It's like having your home away from home. Very quiet and full kitchen and great BBQ grill, nearly private pool every time we were there. Best rates for Budget Truck rental are online. Make sure you have dive shoes that have hard soles, you will be walking on hard coral that is not always level, to say the least! Holes everywhere. My first year descriptions would make a great comedy show. Some of the surf will actually "assist" your walk in by slamming you up on the beach if you lose your footing. Not to scare you but choose your dive sites wisely! Paradise Moon is a great place to eat! Also great ice cream place in small strip mall type setup not too far from where you are staying. By the way, the locals are used to "wet" bills, we usually put keys and a few dollars in a sandwich baggie (throw several in your luggage for various needs) and husband keeps in his bc while diving. Never had anything stolen in all our trips, never locked the truck. VRBO.com is a great website for renting places online in Bonaire and other places - we can usually get 2 bed, 2 bath, full kitchen and lots of amenities for $100 per night (not per person). We try to rent diesel trucks, better mileage and performance but hard to find. Dive Friends is our favorite dive shop. Lots of places to get tanks and great customer service! Have a great trip!

My wife and I are staying at Eden Beach from Sept 10 to 18, I'm looking for dive buddies since she doesn't dive. We stayed at the Plaza last Sept. Restaurants we enjoyed, in order, were Casablanca, Unbelievables, Cactus Blue, and It Rains Fishes. Pasa Bon Pizza was good too. The only night life we were aware of was at Divi or near it at Senses.

At 2 or 3 mil full suit will work fine, water temps are pretty warm. If you tolerate temps well and aren't doing 5 or 6 dives a day a dive skin would work too. Coral spawn looks like it will be good from the 13th to 16th so they'd be great nights for night dives.
I carry reg, octo, computer and comera in carry on and the rest in my suitcase - you can pack light, it's a casual island.

Budget has the best deal I found online for a truck, you'll need to book online. They are at the airport so it's convenient.

Here are some links for you to help plan your trip. Be sure to pick up a copy of "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy", you can order in advance or pick up from any dive center.
Bonaire / Diving
Outdoor Bonaire - Do Something Different!
Best Caribbean Diving Island | Top Caribbean Beaches | Bonaire Vacations - Home
BonaireTalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom