BONAIRE September 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcus,

We were in Bonaire in July and we flew Insel Air from Miami, they were extremely tight on their carry-on restrictions, limiting each passenger to 10kg (22lbs)...I had a carry on pelican case with video equipment and lights that weighted around 14kg (31lbs), they would not allow it, even offering to pay additional.

I had to pull my sensitive equipment out (put in wifes rather large purse) and then it was ok. Upon arriving at the gate I realized there was nothing to stop me from transferring it back from purse to case.

As for checked bags they allow 40kg (88lbs) per passanger which was adequate for all of those traveling in our group.

BTW, I really like Insels service, reminds me of flying in the 70's...which I think is when most of their fleet was built :)

If you are intersted in a night dive at the Salt Pier, go to Buddy Dive and inquire at the dive shop...we did the dive and it was great, encountered the biggest lobster I have ever seen and the structure has a lot of life on it.

Pasa Bon Pizza was incredible after a four dive day.

Have a GREAT trip...We will be back for two more weeks in January!

Back
Top Bottom