Bonaire Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finesse once bubbled...

And you're worried about "lugging" a strobe around :wacko: :wink:

One of the main reasons for moving to a canister light is that I am sick of fooling with a handheld light. You simply don't know the canister is there during a dive and the light unit strapped to the back of the hand is totally non-intrusive.

It's like magic light - no hassle - no encumberance - lots of light.

Pity about the $750.....

That's good to know! I noticed all the junk under the pier. Not exactly what I want to travel that far to see! But from what I hear it's the critters that everyone raves about, not the reefs.

I can understand not wanting to use a strobe(s). I've done the double strobe big rig film thing and I like the digital one strobe small package much better. Photography is fun again! Yes, I know technically my photos will be better with 2 strobes but I like them as they are just fine.

If you use those HID lights at night, you won't even need your camera.... every fish and critter within a 50 yard radius will be gone! Nocturnal creatures tend to avoid bright lights! :rolleyes:

My mistake ..... When I saw "dont want to lug around" I thought you meant to and from dive sites i.e. extra baggage

Grajan once bubbled...
One of the main reasons for moving to a canister light is that I am sick of fooling with a handheld light. You simply don't know the canister is there during a dive and the light unit strapped to the back of the hand is totally non-intrusive.

I have and elastic band that is doubled....it fits around my wrist and also has an elastic band that holds a light. You have the advantage of having the light attached to the back of your hand and you can use virtually any of the smaller lights without the cost of the canisters and the bright lights. I bought it in a dive shop but I can't remember the name of the thing. I'll try to find a link to it.

Finesse,
I just need to get a bigger truck:)

But I hate being cluttered in the water.

Dee,
There is junk under the salt pier (an active commercial operation) but it appears to make the most amazing fish nursery. not sure what to think about that...:confused:

The rest of the reefs were absolutely pristine, with little sign of damage out of the surge zone. It seemed a bit featureless at first (compared to Coz) but there is variety in the sites and we got more and more into it as the dives progressed - a lot of fun.

The best part (for us) was indepence from dive boat convoys. There is nothing quite like the two of you stepping out into the water from the darkness of a deserted beach miles from anywhere and late at night to get the nerves tingling (and to appreciate HID lights!.....)

I will take a look at your setup at TL some time but the canisters are tempting. The newer ones are focusable so you can spread the light out and it does not get so intense.

Grajan once bubbled...
...The best part (for us) was indepence from dive boat convoys. There is nothing quite like the two of you stepping out into the water from the darkness of a deserted beach miles from anywhere and late at night to get the nerves tingling (and to appreciate HID lights!.....)
That's why I love the diving at CoCo View in Roatan. We generally skip the boat dives and shore dive on the walls. You bet....there's nothing like being the only two divers within sight on a vertical wall, whether you do it night or day!

I'll never appreciate HID lights unless I'm in a wreck! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom