Bonaire Photos - 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just getting around to uploading my Bonaire photos to SB from Nov'07. As I remember, there are some winners (IMHO) but I put that to this community to give me constructive feedback (in here because I am sharing more than asking for advice but advice is always welcome).

Great shot of a Golden Moray
BonaireGoldenMoray2.jpg

Moray Cleaning Station
BonaireMorayCleaning1.jpg

Tiny shrimp on an Anemone
BonaireAnemoneShrimp1.jpg

What I believe is a Stone Fish? I wish I had been eye to eye but he swam away when I tried to get a full frontal shot.
BonaireStoneFish2.jpg

I believe I saw someone call this a Feather Duster worm?
BonaireXmasTreeWorm1.jpg

I also like the two moray shots. By the way, what you called a "stonefish" is actually a scorpionfish, probably a spotted scorpionfish. Stonefish only live in the tropical Pacific, although they are also in the scorpionfish family. Also, your "featherduster worm" is a Christmas tree worm. (I waste a lot of time studying i.d. books.)

Thanks for posting. I'd like to go the ABC islands sometime.

Just getting around to uploading my Bonaire photos to SB from Nov'07. As I remember, there are some winners (IMHO) but I put that to this community to give me constructive feedback (in here because I am sharing more than asking for advice but advice is always welcome).

What I believe is a Stone Fish? I wish I had been eye to eye but he swam away when I tried to get a full frontal shot.

Awesome shots! I was in Bonaire in 2007, found the same guy right off the dock at Buddy Dive... you must have herded him towards me!

attachment.php

Going back in TWO WEEKS! Hooray..!

Attachments

• scorpion2.jpg
    scorpion2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 83
I also like the two moray shots. By the way, what you called a "stonefish" is actually a scorpionfish, probably a spotted scorpionfish. Stonefish only live in the tropical Pacific, although they are also in the scorpionfish family. Also, your "featherduster worm" is a Christmas tree worm. (I waste a lot of time studying i.d. books.)

Thanks for posting. I'd like to go the ABC islands sometime.

Thanks for the corrections in the names Dave. As I take more photos of underwater subjects, I should learn more about what they actually are. I appreciate the corrections and if you look at what I actually named the Christmas Tree file as, I called it an Xmas tree worm...I really just thought that could never be it....I guess I was wrong but right.

Am I correct to say that this is a Feather Duster worm?

BonareCoralWorm1.JPG

Nice shots, Moray cleaning station is the winner IMHO.

I agree Tuner Fish. I figured that that had to be a bit of a rare catch....so I was happy to catch it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom