Bonaire or Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I've been to both. Both islands are great for diving. Bonaire is more oriented to diving and has gone to great lengths to make diving accessible. Curacao has great diving, but but also has a lot of other business. Personally, I prefer the variety of Curacao.

Should I get Nitrox cert before going to Bonaire? I don't want to be in the minority if that's what everyone is using down there - I'm going as a single diver, so I need to find buddies.

Should I get Nitrox cert before going to Bonaire? I don't want to be in the minority if that's what everyone is using down there - I'm going as a single diver, so I need to find buddies.

YES

Most Bonaire dive packages have free Nitrox upgrades and you want the safety factor and shorter SI's provided by Nitrox especially with repetitive dives over several days.

My girlfriend got Nitrox certified specifically for that reason, then we ended up going to Curacao where Nitrox is not used much.

Thanks. Sorry I jacked the thread - didn't mean to as I accidentally posted under an existing thread when I meant to start a new one. I will post again elsewhere since I don't think I can move it.

Back
Top Bottom