Bonaire Marine Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tvictory

Contributor
Reaction score
We're going to Bonaire in May and staying at the Divi. This will be our fourth trip to Bonaire and first at Divi. Since I was last in Bonaire in August '06, the booking agent tells me that I will not need to repurchase the $25 marine park tag or complete another "orientation" prior to dving, as the tags are good for 12 months. My impression in the past has been that the tags go by calendar year and that you'd need a new one for 2007 no matter when you were there in '06. Does anybody know the answer to this? I still have the tags from last year and I even have the paperwork receipts, although these are undated, which makes me even more skeptical that they can be re-used.

AFAIK, it's a calendar year, however the money goes to protect the park, so even if you get hit for an extra few bucks, it's for a good cause.

Terry

tvictory:
We're going to Bonaire in May and staying at the Divi. This will be our fourth trip to Bonaire and first at Divi. Since I was last in Bonaire in August '06, the booking agent tells me that I will not need to repurchase the $25 marine park tag or complete another "orientation" prior to dving, as the tags are good for 12 months. My impression in the past has been that the tags go by calendar year and that you'd need a new one for 2007 no matter when you were there in '06. Does anybody know the answer to this? I still have the tags from last year and I even have the paperwork receipts, although these are undated, which makes me even more skeptical that they can be re-used.

Web Monkey is right, it is based on calendar year. We had to buy tags this past Dec, and then again in March. The tags this year are a pinkish-purple color

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom