Bonaire March 24-31, 2013, Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been toying with using Insel but stories like this keep me in Delta seats. USeless (I'm sorry, USAirways) was supposed to partner with one of the regionals a couple years back and allow booking from USA - Aruba - Bonaire from their website, but that never materialized.

Delta may be more expensive, but in my experience, much more reliable. I have also caught charters down to Curacao and then taken Divi Divi, which has been reliable. Thanks for the great trip report and sorry about the theft. I think from now on, I am even going to clip my flip flops to BC and leave nothing in the truck apart from drinking water.

Love the BHB info! What is the water temp now? We have been trying to plan a quick trip to dive the Bridge for the first time. Sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
Love the BHB info! What is the water temp now? We have been trying to plan a quick trip to dive the Bridge for the first time. Sounds fantastic.

We went to da bridge yesterday-Tuesday the 2nd--and the water temp was 73, viz about 25 and blue. It has been good viz the last week or so ranging up to 40ft. The spring season brings octos and frogfish and other critters out at BHB. We haven't seen a froggie yet this year but we are now seeing little octos most dives and they will be more prevalent over the next few months............. ditto re: Troll thread and the wonderful folks at Force E, Riviera Beach a couple of blocks west of the bridge on Blue Heron Blvd.

AmyLora and others, I am using www.flightaware.com to follow Insel Air--they regularly leave late from Miami. Along with the incident recounted by the op, they seem to run 1/2 hour to 2 hours late leaving MIA every Saturday, but the schedule is lv 4pm--arr BON 7pm, and the flight time is 2.5 hours, so if it leaves ontime, we get there a half hour early!!

AmyLora and others, I am using www.flightaware.com to follow Insel Air--they regularly leave late from Miami. Along with the incident recounted by the op, they seem to run 1/2 hour to 2 hours late leaving MIA every Saturday, but the schedule is lv 4pm--arr BON 7pm, and the flight time is 2.5 hours, so if it leaves ontime, we get there a half hour early!!

Hope you have a smooth flight, great weather and clear seas! Wish I was there too!

Lisa

Suggestion, a good quality bike/computer cable lock threaded through sandals, shirts etc., locked around seat mount. Towels are more problematic.

Back
Top Bottom