Bonaire June 18-26 - Looking For A Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_girl_tn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

I will be traveling to Bonaire first time, and will be there by myself June 18-26, 2016. I would like to have shore dive buddies - solos, groups, .... so if you are going to be in the area at that time, don't be shy! I will have a truck while out there.

I'd consider going to Bonaire. Only a month away! I haven't been there in 7 years but have been there twice and stayed at Plaza Resort right up from Divi. I'm not sure if a month would be too soon to put something together especially the plane ticket. I really like the freedom of shore diving at ones own schedule and pace.

divematt,

We just bought Delta tickets from Melbourne to Bonaire for $498. Air has been kinda high for months now. Same Delta fare is available from Orlando as well. Insel fr Miami also about $500. Good Luck!

Thanks Jim,

I just checked and the sub $500 flight over was 17 hours but for $566, I could get there in 6 1/2 hours over and 7 1/2 hours back. But that was from Orlando. Melbourne shows sub $500 flights at 22 hours over, and the 8 hour flights each way are $601 now. Looks like MCO is the way to go !!

Thanks Jim,

I just checked and the sub $500 flight over was 17 hours but for $566, I could get there in 6 1/2 hours over and 7 1/2 hours back. But that was from Orlando. Melbourne shows sub $500 flights at 22 hours over, and the 8 hour flights each way are $601 now. Looks like MCO is the way to go !!

We like the layover in Atlanta and always do that. We stay at the Marriott Gateway on the train line to rental cars, then next mornibg back to the domestic term, then shuttle to international term. and on to Bonaire We arrive more refreshed and ready to dive that afternoon. Painless!

From mco, there are same day flights beginning at 5:20am, 6:20, and 7:20am. If I did that I would do no later than 6:20, since if that one doesn't go --there's still a chance of making the plane to Bonaire. Last year on a sold out plane to Bonaire--there were 24 empty seats. I assume, because a group did not make it! From mlb. there is a 6:05am to Atlanta but that's it--so probably would not do that one.

divematt,

We just bought Delta tickets from Melbourne to Bonaire for $498. Air has been kinda high for months now. Same Delta fare is available from Orlando as well. Insel fr Miami also about $500. Good Luck!

lol---------thought you were talkin' about Melbourne-AUSTRALIA......Now things are adding up to 4....:).....

I wish www.fly-inselair.com did go out of Ft Lauderdale instead of Miami--much easier parking and shorter drive for us. :) They used to go out of Charlotte as well, but stopped last year. A few years ago Tiara airline from Aruba announced a flight from FLL to BON but never started service. Have a great trip bhbsc! We will be along 2 weeks in August.

That's true, sorry... I have been investigating our Sint Maarten flight in October and transposed the two

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom